Saturday, November 13, 2010

Addicted To Coco(a) 1000S



To be honest, I’m not quite sure how to introduce myself to the blog-world. The ‘Hi, I’m Iman and I like long walks on the beach and candle-lit dinners’ approach has never really appealed to me. Thus I face the predicament of trying to sum myself up in a witty, charismatic sort of way, the stress of which makes it increasingly difficult to be remotely charming. Let’s start with the facts, shall we? I am Iman :) I’m 18 and studying English, Media and French at the University of Cape Town - an inspiring place to be young. The title of my blog is pretty much the most perfect description of myself that i have ever come across ( is it sad that the extent of my being can be summed up in 3 words? Hmm…possibly ) : Addicted To Coco(a). I wouldn’t say that I am a slave to fashion, per se, no that would be absurd. It’s more of a religion, really. An obsession that is boarderline unhealthy - I mean this quite literally, I find myself regularly sacrificing food because my life can’t actually go on without that dress/skirt/belt(insert life-changing garment here).
The other addiction I am quite happily tormented by is confectionery. I’ve been losing a battle to the combined efforts of chocolate and pastry since birth. The way to my heart is through my sweet tooth (and my closet).
This blog is not a space for ranting about the troubles of life, although I can’t promise that they won’t occasionally crawl their way onto the screen. This blog is about being young and in love with fashion. It’s about the awesome things you can do with it and the crazy, indescribable way it makes you feel. It’s about music and how it often feels like oxygen, and about how sometimes, the perfect accessory is a cupcake.
Iman
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment